European Draughts Confederation
Office: 29 Vene, 10123 Tallinn, Estonia, tel +372 51 53 484
9th EUROPEAN VETERANS CHAMPIONSHIP
Cecilienstraße 92, 12683, Berlin, Germany,from 8th October till 15th October, 2010
- General information
- The organization of the European Veteran Championship 2010 has been allotted by the EDC to the German Draughts Federation (GDF) (Interessengemeinschaft Damespiel in Deutschaland) and will take place on October, 8-15, 2010. (Arriving day October 8th ) in playing hall - Cecilienstraße 92 12683 Berlin
- Opening ceremony - 9th October1200
Closing ceremony - 15th October after round 9th ~ 1400.
Both in the playing hall.
- Blitz championship – on Friday 8th at 1700
- Official web site of the competitions - www.europedraughts.org
- There are planned three age groups for women and men: > 50 +; > 60 +; >70 +
- The tournament will be supervised by main referee International Arbiter nominated by EDC.
- This document and FMJD rules are valid for them and for the competitors.
- All costs for travel and visa expenses as well as traveling, food and lodging and visa expenses for players and accompanying persons have to be paid by their national federations or by themselves.
- Application from the federations should be send into EDC office (email@example.com) before September 1st.
- There are no limits un applications from one federation.
- About documents needed for visa please contact with Jan Zioltkowski.
Deadline for documents request – August 15th.
- A Jury d'Appel (appeal board) will be nominated by EDC President and announced to all before
- Fees &Prices
- Entrance fee is 40 € .
- Paying fee it is a federations duty, so amount of fee from Federations will be counted not based on players present in Berlin but based on numbers of players in applications.
- Without full participation fee paid by a federation, it is impossible for any players from that federation to play.
- In case of extraordinary situation, a federation should inform EDC in written form about resignation of player(s). Only in this case fee can be reduced:
- 50% if resignation before October 1st.
- Fees can be paid in cash before opening ceremony or by bank transfer to:
Beneficiary: EDC Estonia MTÜ Address: Vene 29, Tallinn 10123, Estonia
Bank: SEB Bank`s address: Tornimäe 2, Tallinn 15010, Estonia Swift code: EEUHEE2X
IBAN account no: EE 61 1010 22008 3704012
In case of bank transfer please check your bank – the money should be on the account BEFORE competition starts.
- The players of each age group finishing in the first three places will receive a medals and an official diploma of European Championship.
- Prices: 1st place 5/10 from price fond, 2nd place 3/10 from price fond, 3rd place 2/10 from price fond. If more then 40 players then 4th&5th - 100€. (Provisional – changes possible)
- Details about exact dividing of it will be announced to the public before round II.
- Fee for blitz tournament is 10€
- Price to Blitz tournament – 100% of fees for prices.
- Technical details
- Tournament will be played in 9 round Swiss system on rating (rounds can be modified according to the number of participants by main referee, in consultation with EDC and organizers).
- Time control 1.20 + 1” (Fisher system)
- Final places according to FMJD rules applying to Swiss system. (barrages will not be played)
- Hospitality information
- Accommodation for all players and officials at
Pro-Social Hostel 12683 Berlin, Blumberger Damm 12/14
1 person room with breakfast – 30 € per day
2 persons room with breakfast – 25 € per person per day
4 persons room with breakfast – 20 € per person per day
Lunch & dinner + 8€ per person per day
- Transfer to & from airports/main train station – for free
Friday, October 8th arriving
Friday, October 8th 1700 Blitz championship
Saturday, October 9th 1200 Opening,
Saturday, October 9th 1430 Round I
Sunday, October 10th 830 Round II
Monday, October 11th 830 Round III
Monday, October 11th 1430 Round IV
Tuesday, October 12th 830 Round V
Wednesday, October 13th 1430 Round VI
Wednesday, October 13th 830 Round VII
Thursday, October 14th 1430 Round VIII
Friday, October 15th 830 Round IX
Friday, October 15th ~ 1400 Closing ceremony
Saturday, October 16th Departure
Provisional – changes possible
- Cultural program.
There will be organized an excursion to Berlin and cultural program by GDF.
EDC President Janek Mäggi
Responsible person for
EDC Veteran Championship Dr.Sc.Ing.Janis Lelis